Edmonds Jazz Connection
While a principal goal of the event is to connect our community with its many wonderful student jazz musicians, we use this event as a pivotal fundraiser to directly support our school music programs and students.
Through the Music Lab initiative, we work directly with the school district leadership and choral and band directors to identify impactful creative classroom programs to invest in, and any pressing needs of school music programs. We also provide funding, and organizational support to ensure success of these initiatives.
All proceeds from this year’s event will go toward:
- 1. Funding the Edmonds Jazz Connection Music Lab Program and associated creative classroom programs for immersive study experiences in improvisational performance and composition skills development.
- 2. Expanding scholarships for student musicians continuing their education at college, university or trade school.
- 3. Establishing quarterly Pro-Am clinics for students to work directly with professional musicians on development of improvisational performing skills.
- 4. Awarding block grants to schools to further enrich music education offerings through immersive study opportunities.
Helping hill-tribe kids find a self-sufficient future
In partnership with the Rotary Club of Maechan Thailand, eight separate organizations saw the need and sprang into action. Raising $46k to equip a 40-station graphic design computer lab at Suksasongkraw School. Each year 240 kids will have the opportunity to learn, in depth, highly marketable job skills in graphic and industrial design.
Scriber Lake High School Support
We provide support to Scriber Lake High School in the following areas:
- Funding a music program which previously was non-existent
- Sponsor, organize and run an annual career fair
- Student of the month program called “Hidden Winners”
- Occasional volunteer support for school projects
- Perform mock interview sessions with students
- Dedicated scholarships specifically to SLHS students